Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Postscript to the Reply from BBC LEMB

Although Low Flyer from BBC Learning English had answered my question kindly and generously, Low Flyer himself (or herself) ran into his (or her) own problems that related to the settings of the browser.

In order to reward Low Flyer for his (or her) help, I have posted another reply to provide my solution to deal with the problem Low Flyer got. Of course, there is no doubt that this time, my post does not contain any other potential, dreadful purposes.

My solution replied to Low Flyer is re-posted below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Dear Low Flyer,

I appreciate your detailed answers and detailed explanation about my assumptions about the but. Also, absolutely, I thank you very much for answering my question, so quickly, almost in real time.

With regard to the unreadable characters in my post, I am very sorry about that. As for my browser, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14, yeah, it also showed me those unreadable characters when I refresh my screen on May 4th, the day I submitted my question to the BBC Learning English Message Board, but when I made the following settings in my Firefox, those unreadable characters disappeared:

in Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14:

[View]
[Character Encoding]
Please select [Unicode (UTF-8)]

On the other hand, if your browser is Windows Internet Explorer 7.0, you can make the similar settings to avoid those unreadable characters. The settings for Windows IE 7.0 are:

in Windows IE 7.0:

[View]
[Encoding]
Please select [Unicode (UTF-8)]

Hope that unreadable characters will not bother you any more.

Finally, for your detailed answers, I want to thank you one more time. They really help me a lot.

Sincerely,

DaiwaPocari

----------------------------------------------------------------------

+

No comments: