Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Revised Post Based on Sally’s comments

Three days ago, June 2, 2008, I wrote and posted my viewpoints on the interesting design of the book I read recently, At a Glance: Sentences. Later on, I acknowledged Sally’s priceless comments, so that I could revise the original post. The following two sections separated by black lines are, in sequence, the revised post based on Sally’s comments and the original post written on June 2, 2008.

By the way, I want to share the lesson I learned when I edited the original one. The lesson I have learned is that the passive voice is really tricky, and sometimes it is difficult to use the passive properly. It is definitely true for me!

__________________________________________

[The revision based on Sally’s comments]

Recently I started reading At a Glance: Sentences, and I’ve found something interesting about the design of this book.

The interesting thing is that this book consists of book pages of well-cut folding lines just at the joint of the book pages, so that each page of the book can be tore off easily. Instead of carrying the whole book, readers could just bring the pages they need. However, tearing apart books is what I will never do.

__________________________________________

[The original post written on June 2, 2008]

Recently I started reading At a Glance: Sentences, and I’ve found something interesting about the design of this book.

The interesting thing is that At a Glance: Sentences consists of book pages which have well-cut folding lines just at the joint of the book pages, so that each page of At a Glance: Sentences can be tore out easily and be bore with borne by readers to anywhere without carrying binding being bound with other contents needed readers need later. However, ripping up books is what I will never do.

No comments: